Monday, July 30, 2007

Georgia on my mind...

Bill, Lola, the car, and I all made it to Athens in relative peace. We left Saturday night after a good-bye game of 90s Trivial Pursuit with the great friends we made in Boston. My team lost miserably as usually is the case for the unfortunate team I am placed upon. Trivia is not one of my strong-suits. Though I did actually come through this game with an unexpected Phil Collins answer; I’m not completely unreliable.

The drive went very well. The car and Lola were both on their best behavior. The newest Harry Potter book helped the time pass. I’m not very far though because I had to read it aloud to Bill so we could be at “the exact same place”. (What we’re going to do now that his eyes are not on the road, I have no idea.) We pulled up to the sublet at 2:00 Sunday afternoon, unpacked the car, and fell asleep for 3 hours.

At 7:00, we decided it was necessary to celebrate our 2-year anniversary which we did with a dinner out and a $30 bottle of wine. While walking downtown, we have our first real glimpse of Athens in the summer and there’s only one word to describe it: empty. Calling this a college-town is no understatement. It appears that the college makes the town or at least the downtown section as least.

The irony of the trip: after all of our (understandable) worry about the car making it to Georgia safely, the only problem we encountered wasn’t during the trip at all. We woke up to find the driver-side mirror demolished. At least this fix won’t involve any buses to White Plains.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home