Monday, October 03, 2005

Take me out to the ball game

Sorry once again about the delay. Bill and I are having major issues with our internet supplier; basically, they are not supplying. Bill is being a very proactive husband and has taken on customer service in the form of mean e-mails and nasty phone calls. Obviously, I am very proud of him. Now on to business. Except for Marquette basketball, and maybe Appleton West sports, I wouldn't say I am a huge sports fan. I attribute this lack to my childhood. It's tough trying to be a Bears fan in fanatical "Packer Country." Cheering on teams thus far has been either cheering with the person I am watching with or cheering against the person I am watching with just to spite them. However, my sports worldview is starting to change. My life has been simplified leaving the Packers back in Wisconsin. I am guaranteed time with Bill on Sunday that does not include conversations with the televised Brett Favre. The news has also been free of all Packer references. Being purged of the my childhood influences and the Packers has given me time to appreciate the better things in life... the Red Sox. I will freely admit that I only like them because they are good and I also admit that Boston is beyond fanatical about their team. But something about them being in the classy East makes their pride endearing rather than obnoxious. Also, Johnny Damon is quite good looking, which doesn't hurt anything. I am such a fan, I almost bought a $5 Red Sox shirts yesterday. If that doesn't prove my loyalty, I don't know what does. I even visited the Boston Red Sox webpage, but I haven't decided yet if that was genuine research, or research with the goal of impressing Bill with my random Red Sox knowledge. For some reason, Bill never finds that game as much fun as I do. So anyway, I consider myself a legitimate fan now and therefore have the right to say: GO RED SOX!

2 Comments:

Blogger KimEK8 said...

Well that's a shame to hear. But I suppose at worst it will just create a little bit of friendly rivalry, huh? I mean for the past 4 years we've been cheering on the same team. This will be good for our friendship I think. GO WHITE SOX!

1:10 PM

 
Blogger KimEK8 said...

At least you just became a Red Sox fan so the pain from this sweep isn't as stinging.

7:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home