Monday, April 03, 2006

Analysis of Experiment “Force Bill to Blog”

Problem: How can I strongly encourage Bill to blog?

Hypothesis: I believe that if Beth does not blog for a long period of time, loyal readers will become upset which in turn will motivate Bill to blog.

Experimentation:
Independent variable – Beth’s lack of blogging
Dependent variable – Bill’s consequent blogging
Controlled variables – loyal readers, internet access, interesting thoughts/observations to provoke blogging

Results: Beth’s last blog was February 26, 2006. Between that time and the publishing of this article (April 3, 2006) Bill blogged exactly once.

Conclusion: My experimentation shows that Beth’s hiatus from blogging had no effect on the frequency of Bill’s blogging. It is possible that Bill was incredibly busy between the 26th of February and the 3rd of April. To improve my experiment next time, I might let Bill know about my scientific study to provoke the competitive edge that is so inherent in our marriage. Until then loyal readers, you will have to put up with my one-sided, biased account of our life here in Boston.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Well, it was worth a shot, I suppose.

6:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home