Thursday, January 26, 2006

Elephant Syndrome

Of all the situations that annoy and aggravate me, I think the one thing that tops the list is forgetfulness. I HATE forgetting things. I'm fairly certain this is closely related to the permanent row of ducks that follow me everywhere I go. My ducks are the most disciplined ducks ever to exist. Flexibility is not one of my strong points and my ducks are well-aware of that. This level of intensity makes forgetting things highly inconvenient and very frustrating -- one of my ducks is wandering around aimlessly and is throwing off the balance of the entire row! I mention this aggravation because last night in bed I composed the perfect blog. Seriously, perfect: you would have laughed, you would have cried, you would have closed this blog thinking, "They might not write often, but when they do -- Wow." Or anyway, I'm pretty sure it would have been all of these things if I hadn't FORGOTTEN it. There's a chance that the haze of oncoming sleep made a mediocre blog draft seem stellar, but to punish my wandering duck, I refuse to admit that. I have spent precious minutes today trying to piece together this amazing blog. So far this is all I can remember.
I've decided recently that __________, two of which ______________.
That's it! Prefect blog, lost by the overwhelming need for sleep.

The other irritation concerned with forgetfulness is when other people said they had something to tell you, but they forgot. Really, what good does that statement do me? It is not my fault that one of your ducks left your row. But then I name arbitrary categories that might stir a trigger memory. So not only are your ducks out of the row, now it's my problem that you forgot. And then, of course, the importance of the forgotten idea is completely exaggerated so that something that would have been funny or interesting without the work of two people remembering it, is now anticlimactic. So really, everyone would be better off if you kept it to yourself that you had something to tell, but you forgot. But then in saying this, I am outlawing the first section in this blog. I guess what it comes down to is that it's okay for me to forget, but not anyone else. Seems fair enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home