Wednesday, February 08, 2006

In honor of President's Day...

After the horrible discovery of the Groundhog's Day hoax, my dear friend Kim and I started thinking about the other February holidays. We all have our opinions about Valentine's Day -- whether we think it is romantic or a commercial trick to prove affection -- that's not even an interesting debate anymore. But, what does go undiscussed is President's Day. This day to celebrate all Presidents falls conveniently near the birthdays of George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. Kim and I wondered -- as wonderful as these men were, what about presidents number two through fifteen? They must have done some honorable things. Speaking of which, what about all of those guys in the middle that no one can even name? Each of them must have done at least one exciting thing, even if it is getting stuck in the bathtub (rough claim to fame if you ask me). So, to be an equal-opportunity lender to all of the presidents, I have decided to go along with Kim's half-joking suggestion to do research on one of the lesser-known presidents. Now, I am not talking about an intense, thesis-driven essay here, but I will cover the topic. You will come away knowing at least one interesting thing about a little-known president. So who will it be? Chester A. Arthur? William H. Harrison? Someone whose middle initial is not the same as their last initial? Just let me know.

2 Comments:

Blogger KimEK8 said...

I can't believe no one has commented on this.

5:36 PM

 
Blogger Bill & Beth said...

I completely agree -- something is wrong here. This was an amazing idea, what's wrong with everyone?

6:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home