Friday, May 05, 2006

MY job

I think our faithful readers may be getting a little spoiled by Bill's recommitment (or initial commitment if he never was before) to the Blog. I want you to remember these fruitful days if we again enter a barren Blog state. It's only fair that we AVERAGE out to one post a week. We can only do so much people. We are young and working; read -- very busy with our jobs and highly concentrated social calendar. Since Bill gave such a detailed description about his job, you may be wondering what I do... or maybe you're not, but I'm going to tell you anyway. And because I am a very competitive person, I am going to make it even more detailed.

8:00-8:15 This is the time where according to my timesheets I am at work, but actually I am en route from the T.
8:15-8:45 You would now find me in one of the building's three kitchens preparing a tasty, yet healthy snack for the kids.
8:45-9:00 Wandering around the building trying to find the best juice selection for my own benefit.
9:00 Kids arrive.
9:00-10:15 Moving around the room with two goals: 1. avoid the lead teacher 2. look busy
10:15-10:45 During this time I work my teaching magic to help the 4 year olds get ready to read. Our favorite activity is my pig puppet Piggy Wiggy that likes to rhyme (he can rhyme most anytime!).
10:45-11:30 Again moving around the room watching the kids do their work. In all actuality, I am probably talking to one of them about superheros or animals or anything else that will get them far off-task.
11:30-12:00 Return to teaching magic -- this time the subject is French. The kids are highly receptive and love talking about their feelings and favorite colors, in French of course.
12:00-1:00 Running around the micoscopic playground in our front yard. Most likely I am yelling or roaring. I am a scary monster you know.
1:00-1:15 Eating lunch
1:15-2:00 Cleaning up after the kid's messy lunches. Amazing the places where you can find crumbs in a classroom.
2:00-3:00 I say I am supervising, but really I am playing, dress-up, legos, or blocks.
3:00-4:00 Hiding in the staff lounge doing "important" things on the computer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home