Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Desperate Housewife

Bill teaches a night class twice a week, so on those days I find myself at home... alone. It's a little depressing. I try to fill my time with educational pursuits such as reading and Dr. Phil, but I often end up doing housework. Speaking of housework, there is a strange smell coming from our bathroom/kitchen sink (as they are one in the same), and if anyone could offer me some advice I'd be grateful. But back to my housewife-ism. Dishes and the works wouldn't be so awful if I didn't do it all day long at work. Bill mentioned early that I work for a bit of a control freak. I spend my time preempting her complaints about dirtiness so I won't hear her say, "Now Beth, what I like to do is..." and then explain how to wash a tray. For 13 preschoolers, our classroom is spotless. One of the other teachers is very scared of this lady's cleanliness and thrives on making things perfect for her. Oh, the dynamics of nursery school. At least I have school to entertain me during the day while Bill is at school. I wonder how real housewives survive before children come along. I mean, Dr. Phil is good for an hour, and you could throw in Oprah for an hour too, but after a while you can only handle so much advice. Maybe I'm just a social person and need others to entertain me more than I'd like to admit. Or maybe we just need a dog. I'm going to vote for the dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home