Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The First Thanksgiving

We all know about the first Thanksgiving, the whole Indians and pilgrims thing. We all made those funny belt buckle hats in grade school. But I'm not here to talk about that, I'm here to talk about a more important first Thanksgiving: The B&B Hanna Thanksgiving.

The first B&B Thanksgiving went off without a hitch. In fact you probably wouldn't be able to tell it was the first one it was so good. We, my mom and I (mostly my mom) made a nice 13lbs turkey that Beth so graciously carried all the way down West Broadway. I also made a pumpkin pie, which I am now famous for at Notre Dame (my work). Beth made an unusual fruit salad. You can look forward to the new secret surprise recipe at the future family functions. My grandmother made her famous mashed potatoes and my mother made green bean casserole. My sister made three acorn squashes. I thought this was very excessive considering my grandma and I don't eat it, and Beth doesn't love it, but never fear my sister finished all three by the end of her trip.

The china wasn't fine and there wasn't enough silverware to serve everyone, but the food was good, and the company was even better. I had such a wonderful time with my family I'm so happy they could come, and now I can't wait to go home for Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home