Friday, November 11, 2005

Attempt Number 2

I swear this was a really funny post when I wrote it last week. Obviously I haven't checked back here in the recent past. So now I'll rewrite it so everyone knows what I'm talking about.

My program is very good about letting the teachers take their kids to work. I'm sure this would be very convenient if I was a teacher and my kids had a day off. But because I am a childless teacher, I just spend my time chasing extra kids around. Usually the kids are older and don't know the rules, so they create choas. This wouldn't be so bad if I could just say stop, but because the moms are also teachers, they are always perching there letting the kids do whatever they want. This is not helpful.

The second perchers that I deal with are the moms themselves. Many of them have school in the same building their kids are in so they are always around. This is less of a problem on the average day because they are all terrified of the lead teacher Kathy (just like everyone else in the building), but on field trips the moms let lose. Not only do they perch and allow thier kids to break the rules, they encourage rule-breaking by teaching the kids to not listen. This is also incredibly not helpful for me.

The moral of this post: Give your kids' teachers a break and DON'T PERCH. Also, if you could spread this message around so it has the potential of reaching South Boston I would appreciate it greatly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home