Monday, November 14, 2005

IKEA

I told you I wasn't kidding about writing more frequently. I should write in and tell high-speed internet how it's bringing us all closer together. That sounds commercial-worthy. Next thing you know, you might be seeing me on tv!

So my real purpose in writing is a phenomenon Bill and I experienced called opening weekend of an IKEA store. One opened a few miles from us and it was advertised so well that we were practically brainwashed into going. Actually, the whole East Coast seemed to be brainwashed into going because we met up with them all on the highway. Once we realized that the line on the highway was all traveling to the same place we were, we had a decision to make: be a lemming and follow the crowd or turn ourselves away. Of course, I decided that the line made me want to go in even more (a good marketing strategy if I've ever seen one)and since I was driving and Bill had a map to keep him busy, we stayed in line. The store was huge of course, but being on the budget we are, the hardest part was trying to convince Bill that we need tupperware and other cool-looking storage units. Thankfully, he stayed strong and we only ended up spending $4 for a completely unnecessary bill holder. I can't say that other people we so lucky by the amount of U-Hauls we saw leaving. I kid you not. In summary, if you are volunteering and making only enough to have shelter and food, IKEA is not the store for you. Don't be a lemming.

1 Comments:

Blogger KimEK8 said...

I hope you know now that you've informed me that you have high speed internet I'm going to expect plenty of updates...what else am I supposed to do when I'm "working"???

5:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home