Sunday, November 20, 2005

Birthday Notes

My birthday/weekend/week continues with a very fun weekend. Friday night we regressed back to a college-style party on my orders. All of my new Boston friends were there and it is obvious they know the real me as my presents included a M&Ms, Miller Light, and a cheese platter. I wore one of my graduation presents -- a shirt that says "Wholeseome Midwestern Girl" -- so it was almost like being in Wisconsin. Nice.

Saturday was a small Green Shirt reunion. Aunt Nancy and Uncle Vinnie invited Bill and I to their place for a very nice family dinner. We were even lucky enough to see their kids and their kids' kids. Because I hadn't seen them all in a decade, I had a lot of catching up to do. They definitely aren't driving ice cream trucks anymore. Of course they wanted to know what we thought of Boston and we told them our observations: too much money, too much traffic, and too many Dunkin' Donuts. When I told them I missed cheese they thought I was trying to be funny, but the joke was on them because they have never heard of cheese curds. Poor New Englanders.

Besides learning that our cat Lola is terrified of the vacuum cleaner, which is surprisingly entertaining, the rest of the weekend was uneventful. I got lost trying to find a Target. But that was probably a good thing because we are poor. By the way, I don't recommend having a birthday on a Monday. It's a little anti-climactic. At least I have Thanksgiving to pretend is a continuation of the party. So Monday birthday = bad, but November birthday = good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home