Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Snow Day Fake-out

Get ready folks... it's going to be a double post night. But because you will be reading this second, I suppose you already know. Well now you've been doubly informed. By the way, it is so cold in this apartment that some of the keys are boycotting. I am hereby released from any missing letter typos found in this post.

On to the real news. I suppose it was bound to happen, it being winter and everything. Though I hear it is far more wintery in Wisconsin with your -13 degrees windshield, so maybe you will have little sympathy for me. Bill and I had our first snow day fake-out of the season. The forecast predicted 4 to 8 inches of snow. We talked about closing procedures at work. I woke up without the sound of snow plows. Perhaps they could not make it out in time? No, of course not. The predicted 4 to 8 inches of snow came in at a whopping 0 inches. Not even a snowflake. At least in Wisconsin, people drive to work and school cursing at the efficiency of the city snow plows. Massachusettes had to just laugh in our hopeful faces. But I did discover that the Cape is the Algoma and Waukeegan of Massachusetts. They get all of the crazy weather and never have school. I guess every area has to have one section like that.

Since I am talking about snow and ice, I would like to get a little nostolgic about Milwaukee. Milwaukee winters are definitely cold and windy. But one thing they are not, is icy. Brew City might be better known as Salt City. That city uses enough salt to clear every road in Wisconsin. I've decided I would willingly trade in shuffling a mile and a half to work paying attention to danger areas for permanent salt rings on my pants and the pile of salt in the doorway. Who knew? So be thankful for what you've got. Unless you're living in Appleton, where it currently feels like 8 degrees. I'll just sit back in my balmy 25 degrees and laugh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dan said...

Now I don't want to ruin this fabulous double post night, but I'm totally calling malapropism on your use of the word "windshield."

6:56 PM

 
Blogger KimEK8 said...

Milwaukee has the salt thing down...but now if they could just work on those plows....

7:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home