Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Weekend on the Cape

Bill and I had a classy weekend on the Cape. I know you are all impressed with our hoity-toity East Coast living, so I'll bring a little Wisconsin back and have you know that we were camping in a torrential downpour. For those of you who are not aware, the Guilbeaults don't have the best track record for camping. Wet weather, tornadoes, and general unpleasantness seems to accompany most camping trips with or without the neighborhood Scamper. I thought I would leave this legacy behind with the new married name, but the rain does not discriminate. To be fair, it only really rained the last morning we were there and despite the uncooperative weather, we had a grand old time. Bill and I, along with 4 other people volunteering with us this year went to Nickerson State Park. We went hiking and visited the Bay. It was all very pleasant. Bill is definitely a better camper, but only because he's got a few years on me. I didn't make any horrible camping faux pas, although I'm sure Bill would be the only one who would notice if I did. I even proved useful in the cooking arena and overall entertainment -- complaining about and mimicking my boss guarantees laughter. Because Massachusetts is strange, we had yesterday off. It proved a nice day of recovery from our adventures in camping. Even better than all of the above is that a plumber came and fixed our bathtub. Now you can shower while you visit without a foot of water swirling around your feet. If that doesn't sell some of you, I don't know what will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home